Brown Bag Films are looking to recruit for the position of 2D Designer.
Skills & Requirements
- Responsible for pushing designs to help define the look and feel of the show or concept.
- Create color artwork for 2D Asset Designs.
- Communicates that design across departments, 2D through 3D phases, working closely with Modelers on main or complex designs
- Responsible for script breakdown into sets, characters, props, layouts and re-use where possible.
- Maintaining quality and style under tight deadlines
- Works closely with the Production team, 3D & 2D Artists and Directors, Art Director and Client.
- 1-2 years’ industry experience. Prior experience in a studio environment an advantage
- CG experience an advantage
- A keen eye for architecture, design and composition
- Strong working knowledge of colour, art and design.
- A practical understanding of the limitations and possibilities of the different systems we use including Maya and 3D Max
- Good understanding of 3D Pipeline and workflow an advantage
- Must be able to communicate in an articulate and positive manner
- Must take direction well
Contract type: Fixed Term
Portfolio should show examples of a variety of different style, Characters, layout, props and turnarounds.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Brown Bag Films are one of Europe’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios. After 22 years in business, their Dublin-based headquarters continue to produce cutting-edge animation for the international market, bagging numerous awards along the way. These include Oscar® nominations for Give Up Yer Aul Sins (2002), Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (2010), six Emmy® awards for Peter Rabbit (2014), and a host of BAFTA, Emmy® and Annie nominations for their hit shows Octonauts, Doc McStuffins, Bing and Henry Hugglemonster.