Hard Surface Artist
As a Hard Surface Artist at Splash Damage, you would have an affinity for creating anything and everything hard surface from guns to props, gadgets & deployables.
Additionally, you possess in-depth knowledge for how mechanical things work and care deeply about the functionality. You have meticulous attention to detail and can build stunning weaponry based both on real-world reference materials and unique stylised designs.
As a Hard Surface Artist, you will work closely with the Art Leads, concept, animation and tech-art teams and will be responsible for creating, establishing and maintaining a high-quality library of weapons and attachments for your project.
Does this sound like you? If so, you might just be a great fit for our Hard Surface Artist role on one of our many exciting projects!
- Create believable and inspiring hard surface assets such as weapons, gadgets, deployables & more.
- Work with Art Leads and Art Director to ensure that designs fit within the style, look and feel of the world/universe.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech art to maintain performance requirements.
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work. Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
Skills & Requirements
Essential Skills and experience
- Understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- A practical working knowledge of Substance Painter/Designer and PBR workflows.
- Solid understanding of game engines, where UE4 is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently interact with team members of all departments.
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games.
- Strong grasp of real-world weapon functionality and design.
- Working knowledge of Zbrush
- Concept drawing or design is a plus.
- Experience of one or more full game development cycles
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply on our careers page: https://www.splashdamage.com/careers/job/o02Bcfwz
About the Company
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Perks and Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.