- Partner with the Creative and Art Directors to develop a compelling lighting look in service of the game design
- Create in-game and cinematic lighting scenarios to match the visual targets defined by the Art Direction
- Partner with Technical Artists to prototype new lighting workflows and technologies
- Place and tune lighting and atmosphere related FX such as god rays and fog
- Author post effects including exposure, bloom, tone mapping, and color grading
*Please note that there is a possibility we offer the position as a contract employee.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3+ years of lighting production experience for game/film
- In depth understanding of CG lighting technology and techniques
- Experience working with physically based lighting systems
- Strong understanding of physical materials and their interaction with light
- Expert knowledge of lighting theory including color space, exposure, man-made vs natural light, etc.
- Excellent understanding of color and color theory
- Strong understanding of composition and cinematography
- Self-motivated with good communication skills
- Strong lighting portfolio
- 5+ years of lighting production experience for game/film
- Japanese language proficiency or willingness to learn
- Strong understanding of PBR model/texture creation techniques and workflows
- Knowledge of Capcom franchises.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit our website here:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Work History
About the Company
Changing the future of gaming together.
From Japan to the world.
Capcom is a leading Japanese publisher and developer responsible for creating iconic franchises such as Resident Evil and Devil May Cry. Since the growth of gaming in the 80s, Capcom continues to produce games that resonate with a global audience and their IP have been wholly integrated in pop culture. The company has left their mark across generations, engaging both new and vintage audiences.
At Capcom, you have the opportunity to work with veterans and passionate teams in the field. Capcom is known for its unique art-style and approaches to game design. As a bonus, you get to live in the historic and vibrant city of Osaka, close to both Kyoto and Nara, the cultural capitals of Japan. Come join us and take up the challenge of building new worlds while expanding your own.
Copyright ©CAPCOM CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.