Storyboard Artist for Science-Fantasy Music Project
Among the Others is a fun, music and storytelling project driven by escapism, inspiration, compassion, and experimentation. For the past year, our small team has been building a unique, colorful world with charming characters to present along side uplifting music. If you're a fan of the Disney Renaissance films and have a sweet spot for epic sci-fi and fantasy then we wanna hear from you! We're looking for some passionate, ambitious, and willing to take a leap of faith to join the team and take charge of the visual storytelling needed on this project.
You'll be responsible for storyboarding episodes and collaborating with the team to tell the best, most meaningful story possible with the resources at our disposal. If you're the type of person that wants to be an early contributor to something significant and are willing to put in the effort to bring a unique vision to life then lets chat!
Skills & Requirements
- Must have the flexibility to work for up to a year (with the possibility of this becoming a longterm position if things go well).
- Must be able to tell compelling visual stories across a variety of tones and demonstrate strong staging and composition skills.
- Must have refined narrative skills.
- We'll often be brainstorming narrative beats together and you'll be encouraged and expected to contribute not just your art but also your ideas. You'll be a key member in the project's storytelling.
- Must have a love for the 2D animation medium.
- You must have a positive attitude, high emotional intelligence, and strong communication skills. We're a pretty low-key but highly collaborative team!
- You must be either in Pacific Standard Time or within 2 - 3 time zone of it.
- the project will require a lot of communication and significant time differences can become a hurdle.
- You live in the greater Los Angeles area.
- You have experience with animatics or motion comics.
- Extra points if you are familiar with the Blizzard Warcraft animatics and how they were made.
- You can draw art in a "Disney" / Don Bluth style.
- You are a fan of things like DnD, Broadway musicals, the MCU, Star Wars, Game of Thrones.
- You are a fan of Indie Dance / Indie Pop music.
- You have a sizable following on social media / Youtube.
- You will be able to work in a team where your creativity and input is highly valued. You won't just be another worker bee.
- You will have guest / VIP access to Among the Others shows (once concerts are safely an options again that is).
- Working remotely is an option
How to Apply
Apply via the following form:
About the Company
Among the Others is a music / storytelling project primarily focused on creative and quirky music driven stories. The project has moved into a unique direction over the past year and has already gained some interest from notable Hollywood publications.