Senior VFX Artist
As a Senior VFX Artist you create amazing real-time visual effects, using both existing and innovative techniques. Your VFX expertise covers shader effects and animations, particle systems, precomputed simulations, prerendered texture sequences (flipbooks), post FX etc. You are a one-man VFX army, able to do all the above while considering the performance limitations of mobile VR hardware.
Skills & Requirements
- You have a passion for creating real-time rendered visual effects and are constantly looking to improve existing techniques
- You have an interest in both technical systems and aesthetics, and how they influence each other
- Your background is in games or related fields, with multiple years of experience
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong artistic insight and feeling for timing and animation
- Possess proven technical ability; from content creation to getting it to run in game
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 shaders, blueprint, particle systems, etc.
- Good understanding of performance implications and optimizations
- Established modeling and texturing ability
- Strong knowledge of pixel and vertex shaders
- Working experience of Houdini
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Substance Painter & Designer experience
- Knowledge of MEL/Python
- Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages
How to Apply
Learn more about this position via our Force Field homepage Join Us Now
About the Company
Force Field is one of the world’s largest high-end VR and AR development studios, creating award-winning games and experiences for a wide variety of XR platforms.
At Force Field, our definition of interactive VR and AR entertainment is quite broad: from high-end core games like Landfall to emotional experience pieces like Anne Frank House VR, our company has produced a diverse line-up of products for industry-leading companies.
Still, all our titles always have three things in common: high-quality artistic production values, solid technology, and, most importantly, in each project an element of something that has never been done before – artistically, technically, or creatively. That “world’s first” element is part of the DNA of the company.
Operating as a pioneer on the Virtual Reality world stage is the core essence of what drives us at Force Field. It also directly harks back to our roots. Force Field was founded by veterans who have been part of the interactive entertainment industry for over 25 years, always at the forefront of new technology, seeing hardware innovations come and go, and understanding and embracing truly game-changing technology when they see it.
Convinced that VR and AR would play a disruptive role in the future of interactive entertainment, they decided to create a specialized studio focused on world-class XR software, with the goal to help shape the world of this exciting new medium.