Lead Technical Artist
Polygonflow is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to help us build next-generation tools straight within modern DCC softwares and Game Engines. As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and co-developing various tools within Maya, Unreal Engine and Blender.
Deformers, geometry algorithms, shaders and UIs will keep you company as you help our Technical Artists team succeed in all their tasks.
What You'll do
- Create ground-breaking mesh manipulation tools (Booleans, Extrusions, UV Mapping, Retopology algorithms, etc..)
- Create shaders that push your UI/UX work to the next level.
- Assist your team in implementing various complex algorithms and wrappers
- Create runtime procedurally-generated geometry
- Coach and mentor your Technical Artists team
- Thoroughly document your work process
- Review, give and implement feedback
- Design Tools from the ground up based on extensive users and studios feedback
- Demonstrate your tools internally and externally
Skills & Requirements
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a Technical Artist
- You're an expert with the Maya API
- You have a solid understanding of modern asset creation pipelines
- You have created various custom Maya nodes
- Python & C++ hold no secrets for you
- You have a solid understanding of modern shading languages (HLSL/GLSL)
- You are an expert with the PySide/Qt framework
- Your portfolio/demo reel showcases the points mentioned above
- You have experience working with Unreal Engine's C++ API
- You have experience working with the Blender 2.8 Python and C++ API
- Your portfolio showcases a solid art foundation
- Working remotely is an option
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
If this sounds like a dream job to you, please send your application right here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/1898394440
This position is available as an on-site or remote opportunity.
Applications without portfolios/demo reels/Github Repositories will be ignored.
About the Company
Our mission at Polygonflow is to create next-generation tools that give you access to the best artistic workflows straight within your 3D software or game engine.
Thanks to our proprietary software GraphN, we're aiming to revolutionize plugins creation by giving you the most user-friendly node-based interface out there. If you're just looking for plugins to accelerate your production processes, we've also got you covered with a vast library of best in class tools that work in all major 3D softwares.
Learn more: https://medium.com/polygonflow