Who We Are:
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim. Our studios in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
We are seeking experienced Technical Artists that can help develop life-like, advanced characters for this and the next generation of game platforms. You will work with a talented team of Technical Artists to provide ideas and direction that enhance our character art pipeline. Key areas of focus will include Motionbuilder rigging, character skinning, and deformation with helper joints and corrective blendshapes, character-driven dynamics like hair, cloth, and secondary body physics both using real-time systems and authoring more complex cloth simulations in Maya exported as bone or vertex animation, as well as support for our in-game character creation suite.
WWE is one of the most complex and exciting games for a character technical artist, the endeavor to portray 100’s of real wrestlers, with the breadth of costumes, body types, and hairstyles, with uncompromising attention to real like details will challenge you like no other project you will work on.
Skills & Requirements
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Character rigging experience in Motionbuilder and Maya, hero characters preferred
- Strong Python scripting experience on a shipped game title or in a related field
- Experience with cloth and hair dynamics, both real-time and offline
- 5+ years of experience on commercial game projects or in a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- At least one shipped game title, preferably AAA, working in a technical role
- Expertise with Maya Tools and broad Maya experience
- Expertise and broad Motionbuilder experience
- Familiarity with Perforce and P4Python API
- Experience writing Maya plugins is a plus
- Strong interest and ability to learn new processes and techniques
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
**In order to be considered for this role candidates will need to submit a code sample in Python**
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.