Senior Lighting Artist
The Lighting Artist is responsible for the creation of the lighting setup of a given project. He/she works with Concept/Lighting/Texture/Level artists, Game and Level designers to ensure that all the elements of the game work together in terms of art, gameplay and technical restrictions.
- Delivers work efficiently and in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Pushes the engine tools to their limit
- Applies optimization to his/her work
- Suggests or produces reference images in line with the project's artistic direction
- Uses and looks for artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game
- Is capable of working within the platform and engine constraints
- Efficiently uses data managing tools such as Perforce
- Is familiar with current real-time lighting technologies such as Global illumination
- In-depth knowledge of color theory
- Understanding of composition and how to create a certain mood through lighting
- Understanding Physically Base Rendering
- Keeping up with the industry’s current lighting techniques
Skills & Requirements
- At least 5 years’ experience in the role of Lighting / Environment Artist on AAA games
- Experience working in real-time lighting workflows using a combination of baked and real-time lighting models.
- Excellent debugging skills
- Ability to mentor other artists and provide meaningful feedback
- Impressive and relevant portfolio demonstrating lighting created by you in a PBR pipeline, clearly showing game examples of your work
- Strong sense of ownership
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and atmospheric effects
- Is able to find solutions to lighting problems at a more complex level
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them in their work
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in the game development industry
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines
- Good English skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio/reel using this link.
About the Company
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class game dev studio. Throughout the years, it has developed a rich portfolio, ranging from casual to action adventure games, and covering a wide range of platforms and technologies. The Studio has brought its expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and Assassin’s Creed®. For more than seven years Ubisoft Sofia has been a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed franchise, most recently taking a significant part in the development of Assassin’s Creed Origins, and also leading the creation of both its mythology DLC “The Curse of the Pharaohs” and Assassin’s Creed Rogue Remastered. After 12 years, more than 18 released games, and increasing its teams almost seven times to 230+ people, Ubisoft Sofia is currently working on contributing to some of the Ubisoft's biggest projects including Beyond Good and Evil 2, and Skull & Bones. The most recent achievement of the production teams in the Studio is the release of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, highly acclaimed by both players and critics alike.