Lead Technical Artist - New IP
As the Lead Technical Artist on our new Tactical FPS title, you have an excellent opportunity to make your mark on the new IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning console development team. You will lead a small team of technical artists and animators, bringing innovation to the project and empowering the wider art team with contemporary tools, techniques and processes.
As the Lead Technical Artist for the project, you will have significant experience of leading, mentoring and nurturing the development of other artists. As well as managing the technical art team, conducting regular reviews and overseeing their career development, you will be responsible for enhancing visual quality, performance and art efficiency on our project.
Communication is critical to the success of this role. You will be proactive in communicating progress, solving problems across the team and sharing across the wider project where relevant. You will be able to communicate well and collaborate with the team to develop new features, processes and pipelines.
You will be expected to drive new technology and art production techniques, taking responsibility for ensuring the content produced by the art department is both technically appropriate and efficiently produced. As the Lead Technical Artist, you will support & extend a rich python framework of tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of the content teams.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of leading and developing other artists
- Previous experience in a technical art or lead role on multiple shipped AAA titles
- Ability to communicate effectively in across the team
- Fluent in cutting edge art authoring techniques and processes
- Experience designing and maintaining tools in a production environment
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D software packages (Maya, 3ds Max, MotionBuilder)
- Expert knowledge of Python
- UE4 production experience
- Practical experience and a strong comprehension of PBR
- Houdini production experience
- Working knowledge of a variety of content creation software, such as; Substance, Marvelous Designer, Fusion, Marmoset, Quixel, etc.
- Experience in other scripting and programming languages (PyMel, Maxscript, C#, C++, etc.)
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.