This is a 40 hour work-week contract opportunity with our Game Studio client in Redmond, WA.
Our client is looking for a contract animator to help support their narrative sequence team and contribute to a new and exciting experience in their highly successful AAA franchise. As a narrative sequence animator, you are pivotal to bringing the world to life by making compelling and immersive experiences where gameplay and storytelling meet. The candidate must be an effective communicator, a strong collaborator and have a passion for making great characters and story moments. If you are a top talent looking for an exciting, high profile project to challenge you while working side by side with a highly talented team, then this is the role for you.
Skills & Requirements
- Animate characters (body and facial), cameras, vehicles, weapons and props for using both key frame and motion capture animation.
- Create clear, impactful sequences that make the player connect emotionally with the characters and story.
- Work closely with the Narrative Sequence Animation Lead & Animation Director to execute the defined animation style for the project.
- Collaborate and partner with designers and narrative team members to bring to life the emotional beats needed for storytelling to be successful.
- Collaborate with other animators and embrace the sharing of work, ideas, techniques and culture across the animation team.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with Autodesk Maya required. Expertise in other 3D software packages will be considered.
- Expert knowledge of Animation, acting principles and camera movement/composition.
- Strong communication skills for working across multiple disciplines.
- Proactive problem solver who demonstrates a strong sense of artistic and technical creativity and respect for aesthetics.
- Ability to work collaboratively - must be open to direction and be able to embrace change. Candidate must also have a passion to discover, explore and share learnings with others.
- Work well under deadlines and multi-tasks.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Gameplay experience a plus.
How to Apply
Please send me your resume/portfolio link and the best time and number to chat!
**Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and sit on-site at our client in Redmond, WA**
About the Company
We are a global organization specialized in HR staffing. We have a specialized team focused on creative and game studios in the Seattle area.
We’ll find you your best fit. Let’s start looking for your dream job!