Senior Visual Designer - Games
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who, and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Senior Visual Designer you will design game interfaces, create mock-ups and style guides, illustrate icons, and create other UI assets for games. In this role you will work closely with the Art Director, Visual Design Lead as well as other artists, UX Designers, Game Designers and Engineers in a close cross-disciplinary manner. We have multiple opportunities available across our games teams which include League of Legends and unannounced games currently in development.
Skills & Requirements
- Create efficient and polished icons, buttons, menu layouts, and UI assets to enhance the experience for players in and around the game
- Craft visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a deep understanding of readability, hierarchy, and player behavior patterns
- Build style guides and communicate conventions for future product iterations and new content
- Create and apply design solutions across multiple layouts, platforms, and devices
- Collaborate with product partners and vision holders to prioritize changes and influence delivery goals
- Mentor artists from the discipline and art community
- Work with UX designers and producers to visualize various interface systems in and around the game
- Influence the look and feel of game experiences using your arsenal of layout, composition, and typography knowledge
- 2+ years of game development experience (pc, mobile, or console)
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Familiarity with Unity, Unreal, or relevant game engine
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling is a plus
- We will review your work as a part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio with your application.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, and audio designers and engineers to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
For more info, check out www.riotgames.com.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00