Senior VFX Artist
We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We’ve recently announced our latest title, Phantom: Covert Ops, a stealth action game redefined for virtual reality and once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
We are looking for an experienced and highly talented Senior VFX Artist to develop and push the quality of our visual aspirations, narrative development and interactive experiences.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Be a point of responsibility in the delivery of well executed, creative and optimized VFX content
- Delivering new and inventive ideas to solve complex issue that arise from the role of VFX within a VR Environment
- Mentoring good VFX workflow practices with the other experienced, and Junior VFX Artists
- Working with a level of self-driven autonomy, whilst reliably and effectively participating in team development
- Maintaining a strong working relationship and creative understanding with the Principal VFX Artist, Game Directors and Art Director.
- Reliably and consistently ensuring quality, creativity and effective cross discipline VFX development across multiple projects
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years game development experience and/or 2 published games.
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in Unreal, creating VFX blueprints, shader networks, particle interactions, dynamic systems, lighting and post processing.
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, Unreal, Maya, or a relevant equivalent – Houdini knowledge a plus
- Have an excellent understanding of form, timing, weight and colour to create a sense drama within a gaming environment.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of console and VR workflows and capabilities.
- A team player with strong communication skills who instinctively works across disciplines to deliver all character related game content.
- Highly effective time management; ability to prioritise and maintain their own work schedule.
How to Apply
We are looking for permanent and fixed term contractors based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Send your CV to email@example.com
About the Company
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.