What will you do in Social Point?
As member of the technical team, your job will involve creating all kinds of special effects for our games, taking them to the highest quality tier in mobile games. You will work closely with the technical team during game development and contribute to the company’s R&D. At same time, you will work in synchronicity with the art leads to ensure all special effects in each project are top-notch and spectacular.
In addition, you job will consist of:
- Working in collaboration with other members of the VFX Department and Technical art, managing both artistic and technical production for the VFX.
- Optimizing and reinforcing the VFX pipeline to enable the team to work seamlessly across different projects.
- Creating and updating the tasks roadmap regarding priorities and deliverables, ensuring a smooth workflow, anticipating bottlenecks and finding solutions
- Collaborating with artists, designers and other team members from several projects in all aspects of VFX , aligning the process with everyone involved
- Researching and suggesting technical improvements and effects optimization
- Developing shaders and scripts matching the needs of the required assets
- Maintaining the project’s consistency of style by working hand in hand with the lead artist and the art director
Skills & Requirements
This is you
- High proficiency in real-time special effects creation inside Unity (using shuriken or any equivalent tools)
- Proven experience in the game development industry as a VFX artist in a senior position
- In-depth knowledge of 3D modeling and 2D illustration software (3DS Max, Maya and Photoshop or similar)
- GLSL, CG or HLSL expertise
- C# scripting know-how
- Experience working with mobile environment and optimization processes
- Creativity and passion about games
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Good communication and organizational skills
- English proficiency
You also have
- Some insights in rendered particles (e.g., FumeFX or Realflow)
- After Effects, Houdini or Spine 2D knowledge will be valued
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply for this role, click here.
About the Company
Social Point is a world reference in mobile, action, social and strategy gaming, with mega-hits like Dragon City, Monster Legends, the new World Chef and Dragon Land, and an active fan base of more than 50 million players.
We know that key to our success are the brilliant minds and the talent of our team players. Our international team is formed by awesome people who are passionate about social games, creativity and pushing the bar.
We offer a fun, lively and dynamic workplace, headquartered in beautiful Barcelona, where creativity, agility and innovation are encouraged, prized and rewarded. Working with us will see you develop your skills, play drive your career and delight millions of people around the world.
Since 2017, Social Point has been a fully owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.