Junior Environment Artist
RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionate Junior Environment Artist to join our talented team as we continue to develop the best game experiences in the industry.
This is a temporary position.
Ideal candidates have a strong passion for their craft and creating realistic models, textures and environments. This role will work alongside and train with experienced Raven artists to complete content for our high profile games. All artists work on in-game content. This is a great opportunity to further develop skills, help the team, and improve your portfolio and see your work on the market.
- Work closely with art directors, environment artists and designers
- Create, edit, and optimize realistic detailed 3d environments
- Understand the requirements and constraints of the game design, engine and platform – creatively solve challenging budget and technical limitations to ensure effective implementation of evocative environments
- Create a variety of models (structures, terrain, props) from photo reference and concept
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the development team
- Quickly learn and adapt to new tools, processes, and pipelines
- Working with your assigned mentor, meet training and coaching expectations and assignments
Skills & Requirements
- Basic game engine experience - Unreal4, Id Tech (Radiant) and/or Hammer
- Demonstrated modeling skill and experience in a major 3d package (3DS Max or Maya)
- Photoshop familiarity & competency, prefer basic understanding of shader creation
- Friendly, helpful, and collaborative in a team based environment; self-motivated, results-oriented self-starter with a strong artistic vision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with a basic ability to communicate visually utilizing traditional media
- Basic awareness of game engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints
- Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to realistic environment and current-gen 2d/3d asset creation, ideally demonstrating various objects alone and assembled into compelling environments
How to Apply
-- Please apply directly on the Raven website --
About the Company
Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has gone from a five-person company with a dream of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga, to the developer of numerous award-winning games and best-selling titles, including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and most recently being a major contributor to the Call of Duty® franchise.
At Raven, we’ve built our company on expectations. An expectation to always design the games that define industry standards for graphics and playability. An expectation that award-winning games are the norm. But more than anything, a clear understanding of our market’s expectations: that being, for us to consistently produce the games that people want to play. In other words, exactly everything we’ve been doing since 1990.