Lead Technical Artist - Forza Team
Playground Games is seeking a Lead Technical Artist to join our world class team here in Leamington Spa. This is an opportunity to work alongside award-winning technical and creative talent.
As a Lead Technical Artist, you will be managing a team responsible for maintaining internal art processes and guiding pipeline implementation, in collaboration with the Tools and Rendering team. Wide industry knowledge of tools, art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation, coupled with experience working on published console titles is essential.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience managing or mentoring
- Great communication and time management
- Experience of working on published titles on consoles.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- Knowledge of art creation pipelines, asset exporting and process automation
- Demonstrable ability with MAX or Maya scripting.
- Passion for driving visuals with experience creating Shaders in a PBR material workflow.
- Exposure to a range of techniques for specialising 3D packages, such as scripts, plug-ins and existing software.
- A passion for games and game visuals.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.