Senior Environment Artist
Artworks is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Our art studios are in Vancouver, Orlando, Guildford, Gothenburg, and Shanghai.
Working with our game team partners we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences, and industry leading visuals.
We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
We look for the best in everyone.
What the Environment Artist will do at EA Vancouver:
With both photorealistic and stylized games in development, it is your mission to help deliver cutting edge worlds, whilst contributing to pushing the envelope for content driven games.
We are looking for a solid team player with the passion to create best-in-class art content, and the ability to explore new workflows and methods of execution.
With the landscape of art production rapidly evolving, a solid understanding of current, industry-standard production techniques, is critical to this role. This includes: physically based materials, 3D paint (e.g. Substance Painter), high end modeling techniques, photogrammetry and content driven workflows.
Day to Day:
- Creating high quality benchmark models and materials (textures), including in-game and cinematic assets, using EA’s own Frostbite engine
- Working with Art Directors, Art Leads and Technical Leads, and delivering on their vision and requirements – keeping to schedule
- Actively communicate progress, to key stakeholders within the team
- Be an active team player in continuing to create world class graphics content
- Participate in group reviews
What's in it for you?
We realize it takes world-class people to make world-class content, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver
Skills & Requirements
Who You Are:
- Expert knowledge of Maya, Max, Modo, or similar 3D modeling software
- Proficiency with ZBrush and/or Mudbox is desirable (for sculpting assets and textures)
- Exceptional ability to create both organic and hard surface models
- Knowledge of high-poly to low-poly surface baking
- Ability to paint photorealistic surfaces using industry standard software (ideally Substance Painter)
- Ability to create node-based materials a plus (e.g. Substance Designer)
- Ability to convey a sense of ‘story’ in a scene or game asset – taking into account age, weathering and context
- Strong sense of scene composition with a superior eye for lighting, colour, and detail
- An excellent understanding of physical materials and how to replicate them in CG
- Experience working with content driven game engines is desirable (e.g. Unreal, Frostbite, Unity)
- Knowledge of terrain creation (both modeled and procedurally generated) is an advantage
- Ability to work to a brief, and follow direction
- Ability to adapt to new processes and pipelines
- Positive attitude with a passion to collaborate
- Current knowledge of best practices, in game art production, and software applications
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
THE BEST GAMES. THE BEST TALENT.
Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while thriving on our world-class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.