Technical Artist (World Building)
Are you a passionate “world building" technical artist driven to create compelling game play experiences? Red Storm Entertainment is looking for a team player to help create highly detailed and stunning open worlds. Your role if you should accept it, will be to enhance our world building through the creation of large scale terrains and detailed skies as well as assist the art team with technical problem solving and pipeline support.
- Create and maintain large open world terrains and high quality clouds / skies.
- Work with design and art leadership to help realize their gameplay and aesthetic goals.
- Create technically challenging art including shaders, cloth simulation, and particle systems.
- Extend workflows that improve the art team’s efficiency.
- Support the content team in debugging issues with the game and editor.
- Optimize levels for performance and memory.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years game development experience.
- Houdini or similar procedural workflow experience.
- Experience with modeling, texturing, and shading for games.
- Demonstrated skills in programming/scripting. Python and DCC scripting languages preferred.
- Strong understanding of real time rendering.
- Knowledge and experience in node based game engines preferred
- Ability to quickly learn a content pipeline and toolset.
- Must be an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Who We Are
Located in the heart of North Carolina’s Research Triangle, Red Storm Entertainment is building on a legendary history of innovation to create the cutting-edge game experiences of tomorrow. Under the direction of studio co-founder Steve Reid and a team of experienced managers, the studio has grown into a major game developer and delivered success after success with ongoing contributions to Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, Far Cry, The Division, Rocksmith, and other notable Ubisoft brands.
Respected throughout the industry for its experienced, talented, and knowledgeable team, Red Storm takes pride in fostering a creative and engaging environment where individuals are empowered to make quality games.
Red Storm is steadfast in its mission to adapt and grow in order to reach new audiences and create top-quality, innovative gaming experiences. With access to the best tools and a proven formula for success, Red Storm Entertainment is poised to take advantage of the endless opportunities provided by the next generation of gaming.
Where We Came From
Founded in 1996 by novelist Tom Clancy, British Royal Navy Captain Doug Littlejohns, Creative Director Steve Reid, and thirteen developers, Red Storm released its first game in November of 1997: Politika.
Building on the success of the studio’s first title, Red Storm released the award-winning and best-selling Rainbow Six in 1998. The game defined the tactical shooter genre and established the studio as an industry leader.
Acquired by Ubisoft in 2000, Red Storm released its next breakthrough title, Ghost Recon, to numerous Game of the Year awards in 2001. Recognized worldwide as an integral part of Ubisoft, Red Storm has, for more than a decade, successfully developed games both independently and in collaboration with other Ubisoft studios.