Senior VFX Artist
- Design and implementation of high quality AAA Visual Effects to support story, art direction and gameplay objectives
- Translate reference, concept art, story boards, written game design briefs, and verbal directions into prototype and implement real-time VFX in game
- Create a wide variety of real-time special effects using sprite-based particle systems along with pixel and vertex shaders; e.g. rain, snow, smoke, explosion, destruction, weapon, fire, geometry, surface shader, and full screen effects
- Create and optimize VFX to run within performance limitations
- Identify and best practices of VFX workflow
- Work with Art and Programming teams to anticipate and solve technical challenges within given constraints and visual requirements
- R&D on new industry technology and trends to improve the project's visual quality and efficiency.
Skills & Requirements
- 5 years of professional VFX experience in game or film industry
- 2 years as a senior role; at least one shipped AAA game title
- Proficient in creating high quality VFX using Maya, Houdini, or other equivalent tools
- A creative thinker who feels comfortable experimenting and presenting approaches and solutions that help push the edge of what’s possible with FX
- Production experience utilizing particle systems and other forms of dynamic simulations
- Able to balance quality and technical constraints
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio / Website
About the Company
Wolcen Studio is a growing video game company located in Nice, France.
Following a successful Kickstarter in June 2015, Wolcen Studio recently released its first title "Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem".
We are into great art, highly competent people and great games.