Senior VFX Artist
This position will play a key role in the creative design, asset management, and technical implementation of visual effects and design.
To earn this spot, you have experience delivering high-quality VFx art, fierce art skills in composition and modeling, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of FPS gameplay/landscape, and a deep passion for playing videogames.
- Creating stunning visuals effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real time particle systems.
- High standards of artist skill in creating texture assets for effects.
- A critical eye and appreciation of cinematics when placing effects .
- Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools.
- Creatively solving technical issues that arise.
- Working with Level Designers and Team Leads to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
Skills & Requirements
- At least 2 to 3 years of next-gen visual effects development on console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers.
- An intimate knowledge of Art skills (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting).
- Advanced understanding of how to create textures for games.
- Advanced understanding of the limitations of runtime effects and how to get the best results.
- Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
- High-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
- Specialty post-production work for game cinematics.
- Experience with After Effects.
- Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages.
- Secondary education, Bachelors of Fine arts or equivalent.
- Ability to assist with other art tasks, including light 2d, 3d, or concept tasks.
- Strong understanding of real-time physics systems.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
-- Please apply directly on the Raven website --
About the Company
Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has gone from a five-person company with a dream of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga, to the developer of numerous award-winning games and best-selling titles, including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and most recently being a major contributor to the Call of Duty® franchise.
At Raven, we’ve built our company on expectations. An expectation to always design the games that define industry standards for graphics and playability. An expectation that award-winning games are the norm. But more than anything, a clear understanding of our market’s expectations: that being, for us to consistently produce the games that people want to play. In other words, exactly everything we’ve been doing since 1990.