Prop Designer (Untitled Star Trek Series)
Nickelodeon's upcoming sophisticated high-end CG show, the Untitled Star Trek Series, is looking for a Prop Designer!
- Generates prop designs, special effects, lettering, schematics and any other prop-related art that the production may require, ensuring style and quality of show is met.
- Review script for props needed at handout of show.
- Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
- Resolve design problems with creative supervisors.
- Ensure all deadlines are met.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
- Ensure all artwork is properly backed up and stored appropriately.
- Ensure all shipping materials are prepared and ready on time.
- Be available for questions until your department’s shipment is complete.
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Assist with special projects.
- If applicable, make special shadow and color indications.
Skills & Requirements
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- Strong prop design and construction/mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask a plus.
- Relevant drawing experience necessary.
- BA in Fine Arts or equivalent work experience highly desired.
How to Apply
Please CLICK HERE to apply to this position!
About the Company
Based out of Los Angeles and New York, Nickelodeon Animation is home to the world’s greatest artistic talents. We’ve got top-notch artists, storytellers, writers, production teams, voice actors and every other kind of cartoon expert housed in our campuses of creativity!
How do we make the best animated programs around? We build the greatest creative spaces in the industry, bring in the best animation talent in town and make sure to supply plenty of bagels and coffee! From our early days with Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats, and Doug to our current era of Spongebob, The Loud House, and The Casagrandes- Nick Animation has been hard at work for almost 30 years making the world’s best cartoons for every kid on the block!
We are a creator-driven powerhouse that is excited to be working with and fostering the ideas of the most ingenious artisans that the animation industry has to offer. A place designed by our artists for our artists, the Nick Animation Studio on both coasts is the physical embodiment of all things that make Nickelodeon so spectacular! We’re always looking for the best of the best talent to make our animated dreams into a reality, so check out at nickanimation.com/jobs and join us!