Temporary Matte Painter
Matte Painting Artist (temporary)
We are looking for a skilled Matte Painting Artist to create visually stunning and realistic matte paintings for a high-profile, action-packed AAA title. This position requires high-level artistic sensibilities and the ability to quickly absorb and exercise technical skills applicable for game development. We are looking for someone who is dedicated to high quality production value and is flexible to the day-to-day needs of the project. Whether it be a 360 Skybox and Vista or a standalone painting, you need to be nimble on your feet and love a good challenge.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of Artistic and Technical skills while being a good communicator with lots of initiative.
What you’ll be doing:
- Create realistic 2D and 3D matte paintings for use as real-time vistas, terrain, and skies.
- Work from photo reference, style sheets, and concept art during the art creation process.
- Take direction from level Art Directors and adhere precisely to their visual standards.
- Adhere to the Matte Painting department’s aesthetic and technical standards.
- Solve creative and technical challenges
Skills & Requirements
The skills & experience you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of production experience creating amazing, photo-realistic matte paintings.
- Proficient in creating 360 skybox panoramas, set extensions, time of day changes, and weather variants.
- Expert working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Proficiency in any 3D package (Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, Modo)
- Proficient in creating 32bit HDRI images
- Demonstrable ability to create beautiful and effective matte paintings for games, features, or television
- Strong understanding of painting fundamentals with an emphasis on realistic lighting, color, composition, and design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both technical and artistic.
- Highly self-motivated with clear communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
- Photography experience, including capturing high resolution HDRI images and/or panoramas .
- Experience with terrain packages such as Vue, World Machine, World Creator, Houdini, or Terragen.
- Experience with creating and implementing Photogrammetry assets.
- Experience with Radiant, Unreal, Unity, or a similar level building package.
- Skilled at balancing art quality and performance in a game engine.
- A passion for making games.
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.treyarch.com/job/R000711/Temporary-Matte-Painter-Treyarch
About the Company
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies. Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.