We are looking for a talented Technical Artist to join us in creating high quality content and workflows for the artists at Treyarch. Inspiration may come from artist requests, collaborative discussion, competitive analysis, game design requirements, or engineering directives. Any tool, process, or asset reorganization that is developed will also need to be rolled out to the art team, supported, and maintained for the duration of production. The ideal candidate has AAA console development experience creating and supporting an art team making content for a Physically Based Renderer. Memory and performance analysis, along with scripting experience and superior people skills are highly desirable.
Note: If your strengths are on the technical side and you’re looking to make a shift from Engineering to a stronger involvement on the Art side, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing:
- Working with all art teams to streamline and improve content creation processes and pipelines.
- Supporting the external development teams with their integration and feedback workflows.
- Monitoring game performance and memory usage, and helping improve the monitoring toolset.
Skills & Requirements
- 2 or more years as a Technical Artist on at least one shipped title.
- In depth knowledge of memory and performance impact from a content creation perspective.
- Scripting and tools development in Python, C#, MEL, MAXScript, or similar.
- An honest understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience with a deferred rendering engine.
- Experience documenting proprietary tools and workflows.
- A strong desire to expand your skillset.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply here: https://careers.treyarch.com/job/R001928/Technical-Artist-Treyarch
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.