Senior Character Artist
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake® and Death Rally® and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Character Artist for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
Skills & Requirements
Are you passionate about games and creating great looking believable characters? Do you also have the talent and skills to get them done? Great, because we share that passion, and would love to hear from you. We are looking for a skilled artist with a strong understanding of sculpting as well as hard surface modeling, UV layouts and materials. We hope you’re able to work with concept art, scan data and play a major part in creating the characters in the core of our experience.
Requirements and qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in game development
- You have excellent understanding of form, shape, structure, and anatomy.
- You have proficient knowledge of Max, Maya or Modo, MudBox / ZBrush and Photoshop.
- Clear verbal and written communication in English.
- Able to showcase your awesome online portfolio.
The ideal candidate will also have
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or animation
- Experience of working with photogrammetry or similar scanning techniques.
- Experience in Substance designer, Substance Painter and Marvelous Designer.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
If you are interested go ahead and apply today. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your portfolio, CV and other information relevant to the position.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the application form to apply here
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC game company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects. Remedy’s games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and Quantum Break. For more information: www.remedygames.com