Senior Cinematic Animator
Remedy Entertainment, the creator of Quantum Break®, Max Payne®, Alan Wake®, Death Rally®, Control and one of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Senior Cinematic Animator for a key role working on Remedy’s projects.
As a Senior Cinematic Animator you will be creating realistic cinematic animations that combine gameplay and narrative, developing your craftsmanship and mentoring your juniors. You enjoy being part of experts at Remedy creating exciting and memorable cinematics that will leave the players wanting more.
Skills & Requirements
- Create high quality industry leading animation content, primarily characters, with a flair and drive to animate everything that moves.
- Produce high fidelity facial animations using our facial capture pipeline
- Successfully collaborate with the Character Team, Cinematic Designers and other teams to secure animation quality and make sure creative direction is met
- Provide accurate time estimations for tasks and meet production deadlines.
- Integrate animations into the proprietary engine while ensuring technical constraints are met.
- You will ensure that consistent communication is maintained, in all directions, to guarantee the quality of the game.
- You are more than happy to mentor other members of the team, helping them to improve and grow.
Requirements and qualifications
- +5 year of experience as a senior working on AAA titles.
- Solid skills in key frame animation and FPS weapon animations (great sense of weight, timing and strong posing)
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
The ideal candidate will also have
- A love for creating compelling narrative experiences.
- Cinematography or photography knowledge.
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable. Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your demo reel, CV and other information relevant to the position.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the application form to apply here
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC game company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects. Remedy’s games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, and Quantum Break. For more information: www.remedygames.com