Lighting & Rendering Technical Artist
Superplastic is seeking an experienced, badass technical artist to help grow our character-based toy and entertainment company. Superplastic creates original characters and turns them into virtual celebrities. We also collaborate with famous artists and premier brands making the world’s most sought-after toys, streetwear, and other innovative products.
The ideal candidate will have a great eye for matching 3D character and elements into live action plates. The ability to match a variety of visual styles and a passion for great media and pop culture is also imperative.
Work experience in animation lighting, compositing & rendering is required.
Skills & Requirements
- Produce and maintain high-quality lighting and rendering for CG scenes.
- Collaborate with the art director(s) and participate effectively in the animation pipeline.
- Communicate and provide support for expectations on render times and quality.
- Optimize renders, check for defects, and troubleshoot issues.
- Expertise in Maya, RenderMan, Arnold, and/or similar software.
- Demonstrated understanding of shading models.
- Technically strong and artistically conscious with special considerations regarding lighting.
- Excellent communication skills and dedication to responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years of experience in feature film/VFX/game cinematics.
- Understanding (and interest) of real-world cameras.
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience working with vendors and quality control of outsourced match move material.
- Knowledge of Mel/Python scripting.
- Previous experience performing Look Development.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Email portfolio, cover letter and resume to 3Danimator@superplastic.co.
Should applicants be considered for employment, a test may also be required to assess competency.
About the Company
Superplastic creates original characters and turns them into virtual celebrities. We also collaborate with well-known artists and premier brands to make some of the world’s most sought-after toys, streetwear, and other innovative products.
Superplastic was founded by artist & entrepreneur Paul Budnitz (Kidrobot, Ello, Budnitz Bicycles). Well-known character artist Huck Gee is Head of Art & Design. The company is funded by 35 incredibly famous investors in New York, San Francisco, and LA.