Senior 3D Artist
VELA GAMES IS LOOKING FOR A HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND TALENTED 3D ARTIST TO BRING TO LIFE OUR NEW WORLD THROUGH CRAFTING AND TEXTURING HIGH & LOW POLY MODELS
We're looking for someone who wants to be a part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating innovative game experiences, and a company, from the ground up. As a Senior 3D Artist on the project, you will be a key member of the content team, creating engaging and memorable characters, props, and environments via hard surface and organic modelling. You love playing games as much as making them and understand how to deliver a look and feel that will excite as well as engage players.
In fact, this person could be you! If it is, please reach out to us.
Vela Games is located in Dublin, Ireland. This is a full-time, permanent position and applicants must live or plan to live within commuting distance to the studio. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and company equity to all team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create both high resolution 3D sculpts and final low polygon game assets that fit within the project art style
- Couple hand painted textures and next-gen materials for use in game engine
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via prototyping and group critiques
- Demonstrate a good understanding of light, surface qualities and composition
- Work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of artists, writers, engineers, and designers dedicated to crafting world-class games
- Modelling, texturing, shading and lighting of exterior and interior scenes
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years of modeling experience in the games industry specializing in hard surface and organic modeling using Maya, 3DS Max, Zbrush or Mudbox
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to effectively collaborate with creative & technical team members
- Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
- Start-up orientation: Able to work creatively to solve problems as part of a small group
- Deep passion for multiplayer games and player experience
- Experience with Allegorithmic Substance Painter
- Knowledge of modular environment building
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience on RPG, MOBA or Roguelike style games
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – visual effects, rigging, or technical art
- Competitive Salary
- Company Ownership
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
APPLY ON OUR SITE NOW: Senior 3D Artist
About the Company
CREATING EPIC MULTIPLAYER EXPERIENCES THAT UNITE GAMERS THROUGH PLAY
Vela Games is an ambitious yet independent game development studio in Dublin, Ireland. Made up of industry veterans and passionate gamers from companies such as Riot Games, Electronic Arts, and Telltale Games, Vela is currently working in the early phases our first unannounced project in the multiplayer space.
At Vela we love games of every type, but we know that multiplayer, when done well, has a special ability to bring people together. Unforgettable moments are created through the power of playing together. It allows players to keep in touch with old friends regardless of distance, and to forge new friendships that will last lifetimes. Vela was created with these moments in mind, and our focus every day is thinking about how we can create impactful gaming experiences that inspire gamers around the world to play and win together.
Come join our early team in Dublin and help us create an iconic, original IP that reshapes the multiplayer gaming space! For more info, check out our site at: vela.games