(Senior) Concept Artist, Battle Studio
We are creating cutting-edge mid-core games within Battle Studio. We’re working on an unannounced, competitive game and brand new IP. Be part of a senior team with flat hierarchies and high ambitions where strong ideas, commitment and hard skills trump years of experience.
You will be working closely with animators, character artists, technical artists, art direction & game design to forge unforgettable experiences for our fans.
You need a portfolio demonstrating your skills in 2D and 3D and a bottomless passion for excellent game art. You will be working closely with the other artists, designers and programmers to create unforgettable experiences for our fans.
You'll fit in our flock if you have:
- Jaw-dropping concept art skills with a passion for stylized characters and environments
- Excellent eye for composition and color
- Strong interest in games, latest design trends and pop culture
- Experience on published games
- A proactive attitude and a problem solving mindset
- Joy spreading knowledge and being modest when receiving feedback
- A lighthearted attitude that embraces Rovio's mischievous characters and nutty worlds
- Strong communication, organisational and team collaboration skills
Skills & Requirements
We’d love you to have these feathers in your cap:
- 3+ years of experience in the games industry
- Expert in Photoshop or similar
- Fluent in English
We’re looking for team members who bring their passion and creative spirit to everything they do. You love to take ownership and work in an agile environment? You constantly learn from the world’s top artists but you’re pumped to always go a step further? – If that describes you, this is a great opportunity to work in an fun and creative environment. Contribute to one of the most recognized brands in the world and expose your work to a global audience.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Rovio is a games-first entertainment company that creates, develops and publishes mobile games and acts as a brand licensor in various entertainment and consumer product categories. The Company is best known for the global Angry Birds brand, which started from a popular mobile game in 2009. Today, the Company offers multiple mobile games, has produced The Angry Birds Movie, which opened number one in theatres in 50 countries, and licenses the Angry Birds brand to consumer products and other entertainment content. Rovio’s operations are divided into two business units, Games and Brand Licensing. The Games business unit accounted for 79 percent of Rovio’s revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017.