3D Modeler (Environment)
Visual Purple is looking for a 3D Modeler with a specialization in photo-real game environments for full-time on-site work at our new Eagle, Idaho office. This is a full-time permanent staff position with benefits. The successful candidate must be able to pass a background check and hold government level security clearances.
The ideal candidate would have experience working with the Unreal Engine 4 and proficiency in a primary digital content creation package, preferably Modo. The successful candidate will have extensive experience creating props, environment pieces, and tiling materials done in a photo-real style utilizing PBR texturing with Substance Designer and Painter and asset implementation into the UE4 engine.
- Work with Directors and Leads to create compelling and effective game play driven training.
- Ability to stay organized and productive while working on multiple simultaneous projects.
- Work with industry standard tools such as SVN, Modo, Substance, Adobe Suite, and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Full-time – on-site
Must be able to relocate and work on site in Eagle, Idaho by no later than April 1, 2019.
This position is only available for citizens of the United States and due to the secure and confidential nature of these projects, outsourcing, subcontracting and off-site work opportunities are not available and will not be considered at this time. Non-US citizens will not be considered for employment.
Successful candidates must be able to pass a government background check and be able to obtain and hold government level security clearances. For more information about this and what may disqualify a candidate please view: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
Skills & Requirements
- Must have a strong foundation in hard surface modeling,organic modeling , and texturing.
Strong understanding of form, color, texture, and lighting as it pertains to environment creation.
- Experience and competency in Substance designer and painter.
- Experience in a production environment with Unreal Engine 4
- Relevant work experience with at least one delivered and completed project
- Experience optimizing for real-time applications.
- Intermediate or above knowledge of the Modo modeling tool set or expert level experience with another principle digital content creation package
- Experience developing for Mobile, VR, and Desktop platforms
- Experience with version control systems and working as part of an established pipeline and asset repository.
- Must be a team player capable of working as part of both small and large teams on complex and deadline driven projects.
- Mobile, VR, and PC/Mac development and optimization
Experience working on Large scale multiplayer First Person Shooters
How to Apply
Please apply by emailing a cover letter, your current resume/cv and a link to your Artstation with examples of game ready 3D environment work, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Visual Purple designs and builds the next generation of gamified training. Realistic and engaging story lines form the backbone of our games. Replicating ‘real world’ experiences with creative game design, resulting in cost effective custom solutions for our clients.
We are a small studio of passionate gamers that love to play and create games. If you love getting to contribute to every aspect of game design and the opportunity to grow and learn, this is the team for you.
Visual Purple is an equal opportunity employer.