Rockstar London is on the lookout for talented Vegetation Artists who possess a passion for creating and texturing environmental vegetation assets. This is a full time permanent position based in Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of London.
We are interested in hearing from both Junior and Mid-Level artists, and you must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
WHAT WE DO
- We’re continuously using relevant references to create believable vegetation assets to add to our immersive game worlds.
- We collaborate closely together and with other areas of the environment art team to ensure our artwork harmoniously works within the space it’s in.
- We also tackle the technical side of asset creation, creating LODs, optimizing, setting up collision and rigs for our vegetation assets, and work alongside our in-house tools to ensure the assets make the most out of our engine.
- We’re constantly seeking innovative ways to improve our asset production pipeline, fine-tuning it for faster and aesthetically improved results.
- We always look for technologically affordable ways to add further layers of depth and detail to our assets throughout our games.
- 3D model, texture and create collision for game environment vegetation assets.
- Work closely with peers and other departments such as programming to ensure art assets are fully optimised for target platforms while minimising any impact on artistic integrity.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into the production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game, always referring back to references for the most realistic and believable outcome possible, technically and aesthetically.
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years of experience as a 3D artist within gaming or a similar industry.
- Strong 3D & 2D art skills with knowledge in 3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance or other current technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Experience using Zbrush or an equivalent sculpting software.
- A proactive, can-do attitude, with an eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Possess a good knowledge of PBR workflow and shader techniques.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- A strong understanding of artistic composition, light and colour.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience with game engine pipelines such as Unreal or Unity.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly would be advantageous.
- An ability in photography or the willingness to learn is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in SpeedTree.
- Experience using photogrammetry or photoscanned assets in production pipelines.
- Prior experience having shipped a game on PC or Console.
- An art degree or equivalent.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply with a CV, Portfolio and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps, and guide you through the process.
About the Company
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.