Lead Environment Artist
Location: Newport Beach, CA
inXile is seeking an experienced Lead Environment Artist to join our world-class team working on a next-generation role-playing game. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in creating immersive worlds, collaborating with engineers, artists and designers to create visually stunning environments that support fun and engaging gameplay. With strong leadership skills combined with an uncompromising eye for quality, the Lead Environment Artist will help create the unforgettable world of inXile’s next great RPG. Does this sound like you? Come and join us!
- Helps to define and maintain the artistic standard for environments in the game.
- Collaborates with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create engaging and appealing gameplay environments.
- Creatively composes, set-dresses, and lights environments with new and existing assets.
- Provides clear, timely, actionable visual feedback to the environment team.
- Mentors other environment artists to improve and progress their art skills and career paths.
- Works closely with producers and leads to create and coordinate team and project schedules.
- 5+ years console or PC game development experience, with one or more shipped titles as Lead Environment Artist.
- Solid understanding of fundamental visual design principles including color, composition, form, shape, structure, silhouette, scale, surface properties, lighting.
- Technical expertise with Unreal 4.0, blueprint creation, and PBR workflow.
- Proven management, organization, and communication skills.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience with ZBrush, Substance, Topogun, SpeedTree, and other 3D development tools.
- Experience developing RPGs.
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art.
- Strong technical ability and willingness to learn new tools, techniques and workflows.
- Basic proficiency creating environmental VFX and/or environmental animations.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
To apply, please email your current resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
inXile Entertainment is a premiere videogame development studio with locations in Newport Beach, CA and New Orleans, LA. Headed by Brian Fargo, we are home to both industry veterans and up-and-coming talent, and are at the cutting edge of innovation and delivering high-quality titles to our passionate and dedicated fanbase.
At inXile, we've embraced the crowdfunding model for game development and are one of the first game studios to crowdfund multiple million-dollar projects, including: Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep. We have a commitment to our core audience, an attention to details that matter, and embrace collaboration and openness without fear.