Junior Animator - Graduate
Your Career Starts Here!
There is a huge variety of challenging and exciting positions available across our studios in Newcastle upon Tyne and Leamington Spa, so if you are a graduate looking to start your career in videogames, we want to hear from you!
Working in the Animation team, create and integrate well executed animation elements. Your work will bring life to our in-game characters and assets.
- Develop and maintain knowledge from the Game Design documents
- Follow Animation direction to realise the expected quality in fluidity, uniformity, justice etc.
- Use the 3D models and rigs provided to create animations using the chosen style
- Build relationships with Technical Animators, Designers and Programmers in order to best deliver your work while understanding technical constraints
- Work within the scheduled time allocated for your work following the priorities established by the Lead Animator
- Respond quickly to changing requirements and feedback
- Understand and follow best practices, production pipelines and workflows
- Keep your understanding and knowledge within Animation up-to-date with industry standards in this evolving field
- Optimise your work to adhere to the technical requirements of the game and the consoles use
- Check your work in-game and through regular playing help identify improvements, consistency and optimisations that can be made
- Correct animation bugs as entered in the database for example with weight perception problems, discontinuity of movement etc.
- Some limited travel may be expected to other studios depending upon the project
- Document and archive your work regularly
Skills & Requirements
Skills and Knowledge
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Animation techniques which can be applied to create good quality work
- Willingness to develop an understanding of how other disciplines interact with Animation
- Ability to work on animations from concept, through source and implement into engine
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of industry standard animation software such as 3DS Max, Maya and Motion Builder
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes is desirable
- Exposure to industry game engines, design toolsets and production pipelines is desirable
- Previous experience of working in a games industry internship or studio an advantage but not essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Art or other relevant training
- Experience in hand-keyed animation is desirable
- Experience in using 3DS Max, Maya and Motion Builder is advantageous
This role is part of the Ubisoft Reflections and Ubisoft Leamington 2019 Graduate Campaign, and as such only applicants who have graduted in 2018, or are due to graduate in the summer of 2019 will be considered.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Apply by clicking this link: http://smrtr.io/QPgC
About the Company
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.