Stainless Games are looking for a VFX Artist to join our experienced team, creating compelling game visual effects. Successful candidates would be working on high profile projects across multiple platforms.
We offer excellent conditions and a competitive package in a fun working environment.
- Create in game particle and special effects for projects covering a number of genres and styles
- Create shaders and Particle systems that look great and run well across low to high end hardware
- Create textures and flipbooks for use in game
- Work within small multi-disciplinary teams across a number of platforms
- Work closely with your lead artist to help create effects and particles to spec
Skills & Requirements
- Experience: variable, depending on seniority
- Experience in utilising and adapting real time shaders and post processing effects
- Strong skills in 3DS Max
- Knowledge of Unity and Unreal particle systems
- Passionate about art for games across a variety of styles
- Good Photoshop skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised
- Must have the right to work in the UK (applicants should confirm this in their application for consideration)
- Proven track record creating assets for a good variety of game genres
- Created assets across a number of platforms from mobile to VR
- Good traditional art skills
- Knowledge of basic character animation
- Interest in vehicles, both real and concept
- Good knowledge of board games and CCGs
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
When applying, please provide a cover letter, CV and, if possible, any relevant links to work.
Please click here to apply
About the Company
Stainless Games is a UK videogame developer creating cutting-edge games on all main platforms. Best known as the creative force behind the multi-million selling Carmageddon franchise, as well as the developer for a decade's-worth of Magic: The Gathering 'Duels' titles, Stainless is an established force with a track record of delivering quality titles – Original IP and Work-for-Hire – on time, on spec and on budget.
Stainless is located on the South Coast of the UK, with published projects on Console, PC and Handheld/Mobile ranging from famous, classic arcade coin-op conversions through digital Collectible Card Games to full-on 3D action games.
Stainless’ use of both Unreal and Unity incorporating our own cross-platform technologies enables efficient, rapid prototyping and production of high-quality titles for all major platforms,
We offer a pleasant, fun working environment at our 50-strong studio on the Isle of Wight - two hours from London, with its unique combination of busy towns and 'get away from it all' remoteness.