Senior Concept Artist
Senior Concept Artist
As a Senior Concept Artist you will work directly with our Art Director, our interdisciplinary teams, and other internal and external creators to set the artistic tone and vision for one of our games. For this position we believe that you have an exceptional skill in communicating an artistic vision, both written and verbally. You are good at time management and have high interpersonal skills with experience working with AAA games. Bust most of all, you have a passion for playing and making games!
You´ll help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art, key art & style guides for marketing and third-party development. Other tasks include working with storyboards, matte paintings and plates for backdrops in levels and cut scenes plus style guides for outsourcing briefs.
As a person you are a team player, while you take ownership, responsibility, drive the work and are reliable in your delivery. You act with seniority, in behavior and structure. Coaching peers, and to share your knowledge are a natural part of your personality.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent traditional art skills with an eye for atmospheric, perspective, color, and lighting, and the ability to use these skills to properly portray the mood of the concept
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop or other digital painting tools as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques
- The ability to understand and spread the vision of the art director while still considering the constraints of art style, gameplay and technical possibilities
- Intermediate typography and graphic design knowledge
- 3+ years industry AAA experience
- Experience with Maya, Zbrush, Sketchup or other 3D content packages
- Exceptional hard surface concept skills
- Exceptional environmental concept skills
- Familiarity with video game product development including workflow, tools, limits of technology, character turnarounds, storyboarding, marketing material and graphic design
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please visit the following link to apply via our website: https://www.sharkmob.com/environmentartist
Or contact out HR Director Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Company
Good old fun - working with your passion and creating entertainment should be fun. If we have fun creating games, people will have fun playing them. Fun does not exist in a vacuum though. It takes balance, positive energy and an inclusive team.
Creative independence – to make great games and create worlds that resonate with players we need creative control of the core aspects of the game. We will always fight for the power and mandate to master our own projects.
Individual ownership - every team member should feel a true sense of ownership and feel responsible for the games success. At the end of the day we do this together and the contributions each and everyone does brings us closer to a great game!
These three things define the Sharkmob experience. We work hard to maintain this culture and we believe it is the key to making great games and creating a healthy place to work.