User Interface Artist
Note: This is not an entry level position, please see the requirements below
What You’ll Be Doing with Us
- Working closely with our art director, production team, UX designer, and others to produce and implement UI assets in Unity
- Developing a variety of 2D art assets for AR, VR, and mobile projects
- Assisting with creation of product style guides
- Creating gameplay mock-ups that comply with our style guide for new projects
- Building custom, visually exciting step-by-step storyboards
- Updating and maintaining the UI of live apps
- Creating animation for various UI elements
Skills & Requirements
Who We Want To Meet
- 2+ years of experience working in a game development environment
- Shipped at least one or more games
- Experience working in mobile game development
- Solid, demonstrable experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, along with working in-game using Unity
- Portfolio demonstrating excellent design foundation, typography, compositional, and layout skills
Bonus Points For
- Experience creating visual effects in Unity
- Experience scripting in Unity
- Experience generating UX designs in Axure RP
- Experience working with Confluence pages
- Familiarity with medical and anatomy concepts
How We Make You Happy
- Multiple health insurance plans with 100% company-paid premiums
- 401(k) with company-paid match
- Dental and vision insurance
- Pre-tax flex spending and commuter accounts
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- River North loft workspace convenient to public transportation
- Unlimited cold brew and gourmet coffee, kombucha, Bevi sparkling water, and craft beer
- Full kitchen and food options including breakfast, and both healthy and comfort snacks
- Team after-hours events, like Board Game Night
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us your resume including a link to your online portfolio and a cover letter using this direct link. We look forward to hearing from you and exploring the possibilities.
Level Ex is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
No Agencies or recruiters, please.
Candidates must be authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.
We are currently unable to accept resumes from foreign countries without a sponsored visa.
About the Company
Located in Chicago’s River North area, Level Ex’s fast-growing game studio is transforming the way surgeons hone their skills by practicing high-risk surgeries with the latest medical devices in our industry-leading mobile, AR, and VR titles. Here's a link to our latest SIGGRAPH Real-Time Live presentation that won 2nd place.
Our games are built using state-of-the-art graphics and physics tech, and deploy an arsenal of well-designed game mechanics to capture the thrill and challenge of performing real surgery. These games increase dramatically in difficulty as the player progresses, and are carefully crafted with professional level design, compulsion loops, flow channels, and deliberate gameplay balance. Backed by a mature art pipeline and latest-gen engine tech, we’re able to recreate surgery with spectacular realism.
Our engine has earned the trust of the country’s leading physicians; plus, we’ve custom-built GPU-based real-time fluids, tissue shading, and soft-body systems that enable a wide range of new game mechanics in mobile and VR. Our team unites award-winning game designers, developers, and artists with industry-leading surgeons, all passionate about using game design approaches to keep doctors across the world performing at the top of their game.