We are looking for a brilliant visual creative to help guide and deliver the art vision for an exciting IP title within the Total War Universe.
You will be working on an innovative Total War title with a small but experienced team of developers where you will have the opportunity to really shape the game. You will have the chance to develop your expertise on this unique project and work as part of a world class team.
This is a great chance to work in a small agile development team within a large studio with plenty of opportunities to have a big impact, improve your skills and further your career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, are always valued.
Working closely with the Game Director, as Art Lead you will take forward the visual creation of a rich new game experience. You will be responsible for leading, mentoring and developing the art team to create high-quality engaging, optimised visuals and player experiences.
You will take elements from concept to in-game prototype, through to final implemented efficient content. In this position, you will be working closely with game designers, programmers, artists and leadership group to achieve the projects goals
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Exceptional and demonstratable artistic ability
- Broad and deep art knowledge (art history, product design, 2D, 3D, traditional and digital)
- Interest in all things visual – animation, vfx, graphic design, film, UX
- Proven experience of leading and developing artists
- Ability to communicate effectively and openly
- Understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Two or more published console or mobile titles
- Passion for making games
- Formal art education/qualification, with a foundation in traditional and digital art creation.
- Deep knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya/Photoshop/Zbrush
- Good level of demonstrable Unity experience
- Experience working on art creation and implementation: mobile, puzzle, CCG, virtual board game or similar titles
- Avid player of mobile games and games in general
- Interest in History
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.