Senior Cinematic Artist
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studio in Foothill Ranch, CA is committed to gaming and technical innovation and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a Senior Cinematic Artist to join our development efforts on an exciting new open world project! Within this role, you’ll be responsible for delivering AAA quality cinematics through planning, organizing, and implementing work that meets the production objectives. The ideal candidate should have a strong sense of how gameplay and cinematics work together to tell a cohesive story, a good understanding of gameplay pacing and mechanics, as well as a good sense of cinematography.
- Help drive the development of AAA quality cinematics
- Assist in the scheduling and scoping of cinematics
- Work with designers and animators to block-out and finalize intended scenes
- Provide regular review and feedback in a clear and constructive manner
- Follow and maintain pipelines and technical requirements
- Balance quality with efficiency when working under tight deadlines
- Validate cinematics to avoid conflicts with the rest of the game
- Perform any other related tasks
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years’ experience working in the video games industry as an Artist, Animator, Designer, or any other related job
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork-oriented attitude
- Problem solving attitude
- Good knowledge of cinematography and acting
- Experience implementing and blocking out work in-engine/editors
- Ability to easly work with people from other fields of expertise
- Highly organized, self-driven, and great team player
- Experience building cinematics in UE4 Sequencer – a big plus!
- Ability to animate or create your own block-outs
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.