Cinematic Artist (Marketing)
Cloud Imperium is looking for an experienced Cinematic Animator/Artist to work within the Marketing team to help generate promotional content for Star Citizen & Squadron 42.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record with work examples that display a good eye for composition, an excellent sense of timing and a strong grasp of visual-storytelling. An understanding of lighting techniques, with which to add atmosphere to scenes, would also be beneficial.
They will be required to learn and utilise the game engine to create stunning cinematic sequences for use in trailers and commercials. In addition to this, they will assist in generating other sorts of promotional content for our community, including still imagery.
Skills & Requirements
- A proven track record in a comparable role, demonstrated with strong a portfolio/showreel. (If there are collaborative works included, please highlight your personal input)
- Demonstrable cinematic eye; from fast-paced action sequences to beautifully constructed establishing shots
- Strong keyframe animation skills that are judiciously timed and convey weight effectively
- A good grasp of the traditional visual storytelling process from storyboards, block-out animatics, through to a final composition
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual ability, and originality
- Proficient with industry-standard software and technologies: 3D Software (ideally Maya and/or 3DStudioMax)
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas clearly
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professionalism regarding time and deadlines
- International travel may be required as part of the role
- An understanding of atmospheric lighting techniques
- Familiarity with game engines (Ideally Lumberyard)
- CG Modelling/stressing skills
- Knowledge of Editing/Compositing
- Motion Graphics experience
- Anatomical knowledge
- Familiarity with the Star Citizen universe
- Work within the Marketing Team and alongside all departments to display game content effectively to the community and wider media
- Create and capture dynamic imagery for use in all forms of marketing across the group; both static and animated
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please apply via our Website
About the Company
Cloud Imperium Games is a new kind of independent studio dedicated to delivering AAAexperiences outside the established publisher system, Founded by Chris Roberts, creator of the best selling Wing Commander and Freelancer series, Cloud Imperium is currently developing Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd funded title that combines classic space sim gameplay with Hollywood-caliber visuals
Cloud Imperium aims to pave new ground in game development by sharing the process with the players. Where game development was once hidden, Cloud Imperium has opted to share the process with those backing Star Citizen. Supporters come to know the team and follow them every step of the way as the game created. The community is closely engaged and their feedback Is considered in all aspects of game development, avoiding standard publicity to put Roberts’ epic vision directly in players’ hands.
Cloud Imperium Games Corporation was founded in April 2012 by renowned game developer Chris Roberts (Wing Commander, Freelancer, Privateer) and his business partner and long-time international media attorney Ortwin Freyermuth. Under Roberts leadership using his long-standing relationships in the game space, Cloud Imperium quickly assembled a top tier development team for the creation of art assets, story elements, and an extensive prototype for its first game Star Citizen. Star Citizen is being marketed and launched via robertsspaceindustries.com.
Cloud Imperium has studios in Los Angeles, California ; Austin, Texas ; Manchester, UK and Frankfurt, Germany.