We’re SYBO and we are here to create awesome things.
We live to make stuff that you want to play by crafting coolness out of chaos. We're the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do.
We are looking for a UI Artist who will be working with our game teams - engineers, artists, producers and other designers striving to make cohesive, clear user experience, which is supported by attractive visual style.
We appreciate specialists and with your particular skill set, you will be a large part of forming the position and be a part of our continuous journey.
Sounds interesting? Take a look at the description - and let us know if you are the one.
Skills & Requirements
At SYBO Games you will be doing:
- Working closely together with our UI team to create world class UIs for our games.
- Giving feedback to- and receiving feedback from the other artists in the company.
- Identify, address and solve UI challenges;
- Collaborate with game designers, find the best solutions for design needs;
- Work with artists to ensure cohesive UI with game style within interaction design framework and SYBO brand’s guidelines;
- Wireframes and layouts (we use Sketch, Photoshop/Illustrator, Principle, Unity);
- Draw graphic assets;
- Assemble layouts in Unity;
You should be able to say yes to all of the following statements:
- I love games
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, and/or Principle
- Comfortable drawing high-quality cartoony and stylised UI elements for the entertainment industry
- Background as an 2D artist and developed into an UI artist
- Self-driven, great interest in mobile F2P games, positive and solution-oriented attitude;
- Strong graphic design and artistic skills, typography, colour theory etc.;
- Expert knowledge in game UI design
- 3+ years working in game industry on a similar position
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Experience in Unity
Your application must include:
- Work portfolio with examples of cartoonish style
- Brief presentation of yourself
- Why we are the perfect match
- Show a strong desire to work with toonie games
- In your portfolio, include at least one FTP game you have worked with
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
What we can brag about:
- The best office location in Copenhagen
- A chance to do the work of your life
- An informal and creative culture where everybody is heard
We also have...
- Health insurance for every employee
- A pension plan
- A healthy lunch buffet
- Currently 20+ nationalities
- And a lot of fun - also when working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our studio. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're SYBO, a mobile studio based in Copenhagen, and makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 2 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that keeps you coming back - that's what we're about. We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with.
At SYBO we build brands worthy of devotion - we are the sum of all our parts and our staff are the beating heart of everything we make and do.
Our core values are: We believe in Solid Products, we work in a Synced Community, we make our Performance Matter, we are Passionate Colleagues and we do Daily High Fives!