Lead Environment Artist
We are looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join the Vanguard core game development team where you’d be responsible for the creation of levels within a cross discipline team. Leading your team, you’ll have a major role in developing the look of the environments and contributing to the overall experience in a live multiplayer environment.
Join our Vanguard development team and hop on a one of a kind journey where you will be creating all-new Remedy Entertainment experiences
Skills & Requirements
- Lead, manage and mentor both internal and external art teams
- You will be expected to own levels from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood
- Work together with our Creative Director and other leads to push project quality while keeping style consistent across all environments
- Work with the Creative Director and our Outsourcing team to identify outsourcing needs
- Advise and guide external development in maintaining the quality and art style of the project
- Follow deadlines and plan your team’s work accordingly
- Be the point of contact to our environment artists when it comes to understanding aesthetic and technical considerations of the project
- Actively share insight, expertise and best practices with the Environment Art team and colleagues in other teams
Requirements and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience as a Senior or Lead Environment Artist with 1 project shipped in a leadership position
- Experience in Unreal Engine development
- Excellent understanding of shape, composition and layout as well as a good technical understanding of game engine(s)
- Experience on games built in a modular way
- Ability to take criticism from other leads, publishers and other team members and channel it into improving the product
- Former team leading experience and strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
The ideal candidate will also have
- Prior experience with multiplayer games
- Prior experience in building live game services
- Good understanding of architecture and/or urbanism
- Background in traditional art and any relevant experience or studies, for instance photography or architecture
What is in it for you?
- Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
- Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
- You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
- We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
- Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
To apply, please fill in the application form with your CV, portfolio and other information relevant to the position. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please use the application form to apply here
About the Company
Remedy Entertainment Plc. is a globally successful console and PC game company founded in 1995 and based in Espoo, Finland. Remedy creates cinematic blockbuster action games that break media boundaries and push the envelope of 3D character technology, storytelling and visual effects. Remedy’s games include Death Rally, Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, Quantum Break and Control. For more information: www.remedygames.com