RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise [WWII, Modern Warfare Remaster, Infinite Warfare, Black Ops, Advanced Warfare, Call of Duty: Online, Ghosts] is looking for a talented and passionate Weapons Artist to join our team as we continue to develop the best games in the industry. The perfect candidate lives and breathes weapons and has an appreciation for the form and function of each weapon they create. This position will play one of the most critical roles on the team, as we develop the best First Person Shooters on the planet.
- Create high quality weapons, attachments, and equipment for in-game and promotional uses either through modeling, texturing, or designing.
- Rig and implement assets into the game.
- Work in collaboration with the Artists, Animators, and Designers to ensure the best player experience.
- Strong problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Imagines, envisions and devises new approaches, concepts, models, designs and processes.
- Continuous learner with an ability to adapt to change.
- Communicates effectively with the development team.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about weapon and/or vehicle design and functionality.
- 3+ years of game development experience
- A strong portfolio that showcases hard-surface modeling skills with a focus on weapon assets
- Comprehensive knowledge of mechanical function and purpose, especially as it pertains to weapons
- Excellent skill in photo-realistic texturing and surfacing work
- Good eye for color and tonal balance, and graphic design
- Experience working with asset integration pipelines across different engines
- Expertise in Maya and Substance Painter
- 2D traditional art skills
- Strong understanding of PBR, real-time rendering, lighting and animation
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Expert knowledge of weapons and equipment
- Outstanding knowledge of general military application and authenticity
- Excellent knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise
- Strong understanding of the FPS gameplay including knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre
- Experience in generating weapon and/or vehicle concept artist
- Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
Founded in 1990 by brothers Brian and Steve Raffel, Raven Software has gone from a five-person company with a dream of creating a role-playing game for the Amiga, to the developer of numerous award-winning games and best-selling titles, including Hexen, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, and most recently being a major contributor to the Call of Duty® franchise.
At Raven, we’ve built our company on expectations. An expectation to always design the games that define industry standards for graphics and playability. An expectation that award-winning games are the norm. But more than anything, a clear understanding of our market’s expectations: that being, for us to consistently produce the games that people want to play. In other words, exactly everything we’ve been doing since 1990.