Lead Lighting Artist - RPG Team
Playground Games is looking for a Lead Lighting Artist to join our exceptional team here in Leamington Spa on an entirely new AAA open world action/ RPG project. As Lead Lighting Artist you will work with CG Supervisor to achieve our vision for all areas of Lighting work.
You will proactively drive lighting technology, processes and pipeline in collaboration with other departments. You will ensure the delivery of high quality lighting work across all areas of the game, while also identifying risks or opportunities for improvement. You must have a proven track record, be highly motivated and detail conscious.
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of lighting pipelines and cutting-edge art techniques.
- Experience leading and mentoring a team.
- The ability to produce benchmark quality lighting look-development.
- Experience contributing to the development of AAA lighting pipelines.
- Expert understanding of physically based rendering for games.
- Experience lighting characters and/or cinematic cutscenes.
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and colour theory.
- An interest in off-line 3D rendering.
- An understanding of digital photography principles.
- Experience playing the latest competitive.
- Experience with 3DSMax.
- An understanding of animated VFX is desirable, but not required.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.