The Lighting Artist is responsible for the creation of the lighting setup of a given project. Their works with Concept/Lighting/Texture artists, Game and Level designers to ensure that all the elements of the game work together in terms of art, gameplay and technical restrictions.
- Delivers work efficiently and in accordance with the project's artistic direction
- Pushes the engine tools to their limit
- Applies optimization to their work
- Suggests or produces reference images in line with the project's artistic direction
- Uses and looks for artistic references - in video games or in other artistic domains - in order to improve the visual aspect of the game
- Is capable of working within the platform and engine constraints
- Efficiently uses data managing tools such as Perforce
- Is familiar with current real-time lighting technologies such as Global illumination
- In-depth knowledge of color theory
- Understanding of composition and how to create a certain mood through lighting
- Understanding Physically Base Rendering
- Keeping up with the industry’s current lighting techniques
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent knowledge of lighting and atmospheric effects
- Good knowledge of at least one 3D software
- Good knowledge of modeling techniques
- Ability to find solutions to lighting problems at a more complex level
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them in their work
- Enthusiasm and desire to work in the game development industry
- Motivation and ability to work in creative and collaborative teams
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines
- Good English skills
Nice To Have
- Experience with game engines
- Good knowledge of real-time shaders
- Work experience in games development
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please send us a copy of your updated CV in English and portfolio/reel using this link.
About the Company
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services worldwide. More than 17,000 talents with a wide range of expertise are committed to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable entertainment experiences.
Established in 2006, Ubisoft Sofia has grown to a world-class AAA game dev studio. Throughout the years, the studio has released more than 18 titles, ranging from small casual to big open-world games, and covering a wide range of platforms & technologies. Ubisoft Sofia has brought expertise and creativity into brands such as Tom Clancy’s®, Prince of Persia®, and is a key contributor to the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. With more than 240 talented professionals, the studio is currently working on several big Ubisoft's titles.
Our worlds are infinite. Choose your path and create the unknown.
- Informal, friendly and international working environment;
- Learn and grow with the best professionals in the gaming industry;
- Possibility to take part in international work-related conferences and trainings;
- Benefits package including – private medical health and dental care, food vouchers, card for all public transport lines, monthly brunches, gifts for special occasions, special game dev merchandise, library of books and games, and many more;
- Flexible working hours and additional days off;
- Excellent office facilities and location right next to Borisova Garden Park in Sofia.