Senior Concept Artist / Illustrator, Unannounced Project
We’re looking for a versatile and creative Senior Concept Artist to help us build an unannounced project for Blizzard. Your goal is to push the visual development of a new game while bringing characters, creatures, environments, and an entire world to life. Ultimately, you’re combining inspiring art with engaging gameplay while actively communicating and growing on a small team.
Day to day tasks
- Craft highly visionary character, creature, environment, and prop concepts that inspire a team and contribute to the game’s unique visual direction.
- Create mood paintings, color studies, and lighting keys to inform and inspire other environment artists and level designers.
- Create alluring character and creature concepts that draw players in while helping character artists with creating 3D art.
- Craft jaw-dropping illustration work to capture the game’s feel and enroll others in its unique artistic vision.
- Partner with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspirational art vision for this new Blizzard experience.
Skills & Requirements
- At least five years of professional experience as a concept designer and illustrator. You understand the role of the concept artist in the game development process.
- Extraordinary ability creating traditional 2D art. You know when to work quickly to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption.
- You’re highly creative and an expert with design, silhouette, and structure when creating characters, and/or you’re a pro with lighting, staging, color, and composition when developing fun and beautiful environmental art.
- You might have some experience working with 3D modeling programs like Zbrush to quickly get your ideas out there to get the job done.
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy. You know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with feeling and emotion.
- You love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- You love games, movies, and animation, and you love dissecting them while thinking about how to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand our unique approach to creating art for our game universes.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
Please visit our website here:
- Portfolio – Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted
- An art test might be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
About the Company
Best known for blockbuster hits including World of Warcraft® and the Warcraft® , StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. (www.blizzard.com), a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software renowned for creating some of the industry’s most critically acclaimed games. Blizzard Entertainment’s track record includes nineteen #1-selling games* and multiple Game of the Year awards. The company’s online-gaming service, Battle.net®, is one of the largest in the world, with millions of active players.