Junior Props Artist
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studio in Foothill Ranch, CA is committed to gaming and technical innovation and offers top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a Junior 3D Artist to join our development efforts on an exciting new open world project! Within this role, you’ll be focused on modeling and texturing a diverse set of 3D assets set pieces and props that can range from realistic to stylized, hard-surface to organic.
- Create and develop high-quality set pieces and props, as directed by the Lead Artist
- Ensure that textures are consistent with the defined visual style
- Utilize tools to ensure texture assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity
- Proactively seek feedback to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met
- Collaborate with other artists and departments throughout the production process
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ year of experience as a 3D Artist within the game industry
- Proficient at creating clean and efficient models with proper UV layouts
- Strong application and knowledge of Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and/or other art creation tools
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- A passion for making great games
- Experience with Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience working on current-gen consoles
- Experience with Unreal Engine
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.