Character Artist - RPG Team
Playground Games is seeking a Character Artist who will be responsible for creating a diverse variety of characters needed to realise the vision for an entirely new AAA open-world action / RPG project.
As Character Artist you’ll also have experience in the technical aspects of your craft, including materials, asset optimisation and the creation of meshes with clean and functional topology, as well as being comfortable communicating with technical departments.
You’ll, of course, be familiar with industry standard software packages such as 3DSMax or Maya, as well as having extensive experience with Mudbox or ZBrush. Your knowledge of human anatomy will be well developed and you’ll have a good level of understanding on best practices to suit animation and engine requirements.
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working on published AAA titles on current-gen consoles with at least a AAA title released.
- A strong understanding of technical considerations for character creation.
- Strong knowledge of the latest version of Zbrush or Mudbox.
- Good understanding of current generation production workflows in relation to character art production.
- Strong understanding of human anatomy and its proportions.
- Strong understanding of creating meshes with very clean topology for deformation.
- Able to communicate with technical team members.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your in-game character artwork to very high standards.
- A self-motivated team player, with good communication skills.
- Good understanding of clothes creation software such as Marvellous Designer.
- Good knowledge of textures creation packages such as substance Designer and Substance Painter.
- Good traditional art foundation.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Playground Games is part of Xbox Game Studios and one of the highest rated video game developers in the world, with two AAA studios based in Leamington Spa.
Famed for the critically-acclaimed Forza Horizon franchise, our latest release, Forza Horizon 4, is the highest rated Xbox exclusive this generation with a 92 metacritic. In both 2017 and 2018 the studio has awarded Best Place to Work in the UK games industry by gamesindustry.biz.
Our newly-established second studio is committed to bringing together some of the most experienced and talented developers from around the world to develop an unannounced open-world action RPG.