Lead Concept Artist - Total War
As the Lead Concept artist on the project, you will be leading a talented team ensuring they are delivering high quality concepts in line with our game resource plan and works to effectively communicate the creative vision of the game.
Working closely with the Project Art Director, as Lead Concept Artist, you will be one of the key stakeholders ensuring the creative vision is clearly communicated and maintained across the team.
Alongside your leadership duties, you will also be responsible for generating a variety of concepts and illustrations, from character and environment concepts to matte painting.
Communication and working collaboratively across disciplines are vital to the success of role. You will bring your practical experience to the team and be comfortable with balancing priorities and schedules. It is essential that you have a proven ability to lead and get the best out of a creative team, whilst being considerate of your team’s individual needs.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Excellent traditional artistic skills with an excellent grasp of composition, anatomy, colour theory, perspective, lighting, environment, architectural and character design
- Excellent people skills and the ability to inspire, motivate and develop a team
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide feedback
- Fluent with Photoshop
- An understanding of visual design methodologies
- Ability to balance quality and time for your team
- Visual storytelling
- Experience in one full game development cycle in a Senior or Lead position
- A good understanding of game play and game mechanics
- Experience with 3D modelling software
- A passion for games
- Familiarity with Total War
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.