Environment Artist - New IP
Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Tactical Shooter IP.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, accomplished Environment Artist to make their mark on the new, undisclosed IP from Creative Assembly’s multi-award-winning team and build a believable world.
As an Environment Artist on the project, you will be involved in many aspects of environment design, working in coordination with design and concept to deliver an immersive and visually impressive world.
You will be tasked with creating levels for a new exciting IP that will involve everything from modelling, to material creation and level construction/dressing. Working closely with the wider development team, you will work within set time constraints and hit the quality benchmark expected of the project. You will also implement feedback as appropriate.
Skills & Requirements
Knowledge, Skill and Experience Knowledge
- Visual flare and talent for creating environments with a good artistic eye for composition
- Strong understanding of structure, form and construction
- Skilled in 3ds Max/Maya/Modo(preference 3ds Max)
- Experience with Substance Designer, Painter and Photoshop
- Experience of games development pipeline/environment/engines
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude
- Positive team work ethic. Collaboration and communication skills are important
- A real passion and love for visual environment creation
- 2d concepting or technical Art skills always a plus
- Experience with ZBrush
- Experience with Marvellous Designer
Please ensure you provide a portfolio along with your application.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria. With a heritage of award-winning AAA titles, including the multi-million selling Total War™ series, Creative Assembly continues to build an impressive portfolio of games and world-renowned partnerships; working with Games Workshop on Total War™: WARHAMMER®, Wargaming Alliance on Total War™: ARENA, Twentieth Century Fox on Alien: Isolation, plus 343 Industries and Microsoft on Halo Wars 2. Creative Assembly has, with their exceptionally talented team of over 500, amassed a wealth of awards, including recent accolades from BAFTA, Music+Sound and Develop’s Industry Excellence awards.