Reporting to the Lead Artist, the 3D Artist works within a team of artists to create 3D assets necessary for monthly content pushes and milestones. The 3D Artist is able to maintain and manage high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; has advanced/ intermediate modeling, and texturing experience in addition to knowledge of art processes and production pipeline.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works efficiently and effectively within the technical constraints of production
- Generates high-quality art work that matches or exceeds studio standards
- Ability to visualize and conceive objects, characters or other elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the production.
- Keep Lead Artist up to date regarding status of tasks at all times
- Obtain Lead Artists guidance and approval as needed on tasks, project initiatives and milestones
Team and personal development
- Consistently refine your own artistic abilities and learn new software packages and in-house tools
- Contribute and help build a positive team environment
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in a multitude of 3D art content production including modelling, texture mapping, highpoly to lowpoly workflow, lighting and rendering, either characters or environment work.
- Proficient with the software packages and tools of the games industry, including Game Engine technologies such as Unreal, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, 3ds Max, and/or Maya
- For those specialising in character work: A keen understanding of the human form/anatomy and structure/silhouette in respecting to modelling
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create results driven, team oriented environment.
- Experience in an artistic position is a plus.
- Experience or base knowledge of scripting languages, shader materials and in-game asset management is a plus.
- Relocation assistance is offered
How to Apply
About the Company
We’re in the business of helping creatives and innovators succeed. We achieve this through partnerships that leverage our relationships and production experience. Success comes by personal collaboration at all stages of the product lifecycle.
Founded in 2001, Streamline Studios is one of the most experienced and tenured Co-Development studios worldwide.
For nearly two decades, we have stood side-by-side with long term partners such as EPIC GAMES, CAPCOM, VOLITION, SQUARE ENIX, SONY, MICROSOFT and NINTENDO.
In 2019 and beyond, the stakes are sky-high in the video games industry. Today’s development requires experienced leadership and leaves no room for error. Streamline’s founders are hands-on, leading a team of over 150 talented developers, artists, designers and producers into the upcoming console transition.
The secret to Streamline's success and longevity is simple. We invest in people and infrastructure. We maintain a personal touch with our partners across the world. We grow young leaders at a rapid pace and empower an international community of talent that joins us from across the globe. We are also pragmatic from day one, focusing on results that accelerate our clients. Strong co-developments require forward-thinking and engaged teams on both sides. If our team cultures align, we will become unstoppable.
20 years in the industry leads to a powerful intuition to what our clients need at any stage of the development process. This led us to create three brands that specialize on three specific stages of the journey.
All Pixels focuses on large scale content production
Streamline Studios focuses on tech art and deep integration
Streamline Games builds and launches productions, DLC and game expansions.