Environment Artist, WWE - TEMP
This role is located in Agoura Hills, CA and is temporary, no relocation assistance will be provided.
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studios are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
We are seeking a self-motivated and experienced artist that’s ready to join our Environment art team. As an Environment Artist, you’ll be asked to help with a variety of tasks involved in the creation of art assets such as modeling, texturing and lighting. We’re looking for someone who’s interested in taking initiative and is passionate about making high quality games. We’re constantly challenging ourselves to push the boundaries and looking for someone who is up for that challenge as well! Willingness to take on a variety of environment related tasks depending on the current needs is important.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Create, define, and develop high quality environments and other art related aspects of the game, as directed by the Art Director
- Ensure that textures are consistent with defined visual style for the game
- Utilize tools to ensure texture assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets
- Follow the schedule and pipeline as established by the AD and producer
- Deliver quality work as scheduled in accordance with the production design, product requirements and producer direction
- Proactively seek feedback from the Art Director to ensure accuracy and quality standards are met
- Collaborate with other artists and other dependent departments, throughout the production process
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience as an Environment Artist for console games
- Extremely proficient in the creation of high end environment assets
- Strong art skills with an expert knowledge of Maya, Photoshop, Substance designer/painter and/or other technologies utilized in the production of game art
- An eye for photorealistic environments and texture creation
- Knowledge of architecture and architectural design, environment lighting, dense mesh modeling, and normal map creation
- Strong communication skills and a High attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
How to Apply
About the Company
Visual Concepts has been a driving force in the videogame industry for more than 30 years. We have made some of the coolest and most high profile games anywhere, across almost every conceivable hardware platform, and are dedicated to putting the consumer first through great technology, innovation and passion for true excellence in gaming. At studios located throughout California, China, South Korea, and Hungary we are always looking for the best and brightest to join our team. Check out our open positions. If you see something that sparks your interest and matches with your experience, we would love to hear from you.