Junior Concept Artist (Asset Design)
Our Concept Art team
Our Concept Artists are responsible for creating visual designs in order to create an original, consistent game world for our projects. We create 2D concept art for all aspects of our game(s), from characters, buildings and landscapes to machines, tools and weapons. In the Asset Design role, you will be responsible for supplying detailed and realistic asset (prop) designs to the 3D art teams.
What you will do
As a Junior Concept Artist, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Creating detailed and realistic asset (prop) designs;
- Quickly iterating on different designs;
- Work to specifications and to schedule, in an existing pipeline and from time to time with minimal instructions;
Skills & Requirements
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have strong artistic fundamental skills (color, light, composition, perspective, etc). We especially look for ability to create realistic, detailed material expression;
- Have strong design skills with great insight into construction and functionality of objects;
- Have strong technical knowledge of design software and techniques like Photoshop, Photobashing and 3D software packages such as Maya;
- Are skilled in various forms of concept art creation, from start to finish and have a portfolio to show for it;
- Are high on initiative, have great written and verbal communication skills, and know how to manage your time effectively;
- Are a hard worker and if you are eager to learn from continuous feedback.
How to Apply
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply before March 31st, 2019 by following this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/guerrilla/jobs/4217721002#app. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work. We really prefer seeing images as opposed to videos.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Wessel Haytink (Studio Recruiter) through firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the Company
Guerrilla is one of Europe's leading game development companies and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe. We started in 2000, and have pushed the boundaries of technical and artistic excellence in our games ever since. Today, we employ more than 200 professionals from 25 different nationalities. Our studio is located in the cultural and historical center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands — a great place to work and play.
Guerrilla was founded in 2000 as the result of a merger between three smaller Dutch studios, and acquired by Sony Interactive Entertainment after the release of KILLZONE in 2004. In the decade that followed, Guerrilla expanded KILLZONE into a full-fledged franchise with three sequels (KILLZONE 2, KILLZONE 3 and KILLZONE SHADOW FALL) and two handheld spin-offs (KILLZONE: LIBERATION and KILLZONE: MERCENARY). In 2016, the company launched RIGS MECHANIZED COMBAT LEAGUE, a competitive arena-based sports shooter developed from the ground up for VR. Its most recent title, released in 2017, is the critically and popularly acclaimed open world action-RPG HORIZON ZERO DAWN.